Who are our volunteers?
Camp Warrawee has a dedicated band of volunteers who give up their time during school holidays so that children have an exciting time at our day camps. These leaders are always welcome and come for either the full week or part time, whatever their time constraints allow. They all have an interest in children and some use this time towards a qualification that they are working toward. Some of our past leaders are now teachers, child care workers, social workers or outdoor recreation instructors.
Where do our volunteers come from?
- University, TAFE and High School Students studying an associated field
- They have an interest in the Recreation Industry
- They have an interest in Child Care
- International visitors wanting to experience the Australian camp scene
- They have an interest in visiting another country's camp scene and want experience before leaving Australia
- They are interested in the camping experience
- Past campers who have enjoyed their time at camp and want to share the fun with today's children.
What do our volunteers do?
During our vacation care day camps, volunteers can be:
- Camp leaders (over 18's)
- Assitant camp leaders ( Aged 17+)
- Junior camp leaders ( Aged 15 and in Grade 10)
Our volunteers help the children:
- Have a good time
- Be safe at all times
- Feel at home while on camp
- Grow in their ability to get along with others
- Participate in a varied program
- Experience adventure based activities
As a camp volunteer you will be working with another leader and a small group of children ensuring they are safe and having fun. You will be able to participate in all the activities they do and if you wish you will have the opportunity to organise or facilitate activities yourself.
Camp leaders meet prior to Vacation Care starting, for a training and familiarisation session. During this meeting you get to meet the other leaders working with the children during the week and become familiar with the camp and it's procedures.
HOW DO I APPLY ?
- There is no cost for volunteers to apply for the card.
- You must have this card before starting as a volunteer. Please contact the camp at least 2 weeks prior to starting to organise your application.
- It is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a blue card application form.